Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter.... and Break!

Things I wanna do (right now): Do more sketches. Start drawing up designs for a small game I came up with. Read more of the Game Design book. Draw megaman, for a megaman book art request. Animate in CS3's photoshop. Play more Assassins Creed (somehow).

...And, as I segway into another topic:

A short animation I did for a concept on friend's game.
http://megaswf.com/simple_serve/88121/

...Articles that are changing the way I thought about things:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=280419
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6216/the_brain_that_couldnt_die
And this book so far has been giving me understanding about what it is that I enjoy so much about games, "A Theory of Fun for Game Design"

...Annnnd, a sketch/painting I did recently:

3D updates will come next month, because I poorly transferred any screenshots I had of my work with me.

I most likely will add my game board documentations to my Game Portfolio Blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Esther, interesting articles you found there. I found it kind of interesting what the Gamasutra article was talking about. Pretty intriguing to realize the differences of storytelling in gameplay. It seemed kinda interesting how they compared gameplay mechanics to Horror movies. It's kinda funny considering Horror movies are usually some of the worst plots story-wise for films, yet its the involved enthralled sort of factor that needs to be consistent in games. I feel like the first BioShock was sort of close to doing that. I wish more developers would give these topics consideration.

    Nice find, hope GAD has been going well for you. Enjoy the rest of your break. :D

    ReplyDelete