Thursday, February 2, 2012

1st Update for the Spring Semester!

Almost 4 weeks have passed since the start of the new semester, and I already have a few good news to announce that has happened within the last couple weeks.

First, I finished a sculpted hoodie in Zbrush, that was made to show motion!

My 3D teacher, Martin Murphy, submitted my hoodie sculpt, along with a few other students, to a contact he had at the game studio, Harmonix, for extra credit.


I recently got word that my hoodie, received an Honorable Mention (2nd place) Award! For quality, gesture, and realistic folds. I also got a prize in the form of a bag from the company, so that was really nice! He wants a photo of the winners, so I better get some sleep and put my pretty face on! lol.


Next, 

I submitted a small portfolio to get into a Hasbro Workshop, here at Ringling College, and they choose 20 participants out of a large number of applicants.

I was fortunately one of the 20 chosen to attend this great Workshop! They want us to sculpt an action figure character, and hopefully by the end of the workshop, they will choose someone (or a few people) to possibly get a freelance contract with them!

This was the work I submitted:

Lastly, 

I got a kind request to have one of my old illustrations added to a website for, Thatgamecompany, a very well known independent game studio. 

You can see the illustration here on this page: http://thatgamecompany.com/fan-art/fan-art-from-around-the-world/#more-2345. You just have to scroll down a bit. But here is for your convenient viewing:


This last 4 weeks have been VERY VERY busy, and it has no end in sight. I am working on a Thesis Pitch, which will be voted on by the faculty next week on Friday. I hope it passes! I won't be back for a while, but hopefully I will return with good news!

Have a great day!

BTW, updated my portfolio website, check it out! http://estherlovedesign.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment