Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dress designs!

I wanted to work on something that I hadn't really done before, and that was make dress designs. I am often trying to create a design that would allow the character to very active, independent, and mobile. But there are many wonderful characters that don't really move alot  fight, or do much more than just look pretty. So I created a character that was inspired by Beauty and the Beast. 

I was interested in the concept of the flower in the glass case. And in my alternative version of Beauty and the Beast, the Beast is a large monster (dragon) that has captured Belle, and imprisoned her in a large bird cage-like garden, where Belle sits on a swing of thorns. Belle IS the rose. I wanted her dress to reflect that. So far these are the most recent sketches after doing a bunch of smaller ones. I've never done a dress before, so I wanted to learn how to draw the gesture of a dress. Once I got that part practiced, I moved on to these.


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment