Monday, February 24, 2014

Something completely different!

I am so ashamed as to how long it's been since my last post!

I have been keeping busy at my job. I fortunately received the opportunity to be a Lead Artist at my studio in December. I really like the organization and troubleshooting aspect of the role. Figuring out what the problem is, who to talk to about it, and help get the artist what they need to finish their task; whether it be a review or a technical problem I might know how to fix. I also like making sure that the files stay clean and organized!

On the other side of things, I have been playing games and working on personal 3D stuff!

I was getting into The Witcher (1) and reading the book "The Witcher: The Last Wish". Such a great world to read about. And I really like Geralt. He is pretty much to the point, sly without being cocky, and very interesting to try and figure out. I have played 98% of The Witcher 2, so I am very familiar with the world, but I can't bring myself to finish it off until The Witcher 3 comes out! I don't want the game to end, unless I have something else to continue with. haha!

Here is some 3D work I have been noodling on!

Zbrush
dDo
UDK
I took a tiny break over the weekend to play Final Fantasy XIV. I must say, they've made a believer out of me. They really improved upon FFXI! I used play XI, so I had that as my comparison, and I also play Guild Wars 2, with was another frame of reference for me for a current generation MMO. I really really enjoy the mechanics and aesthetics of the game! Holy crap is it pretty. The lighting, the architecture, the whole environment!!! The lighting is incredible!! Bounce light, environment lighting, weather influenced lighting, ambience, color!!! I am pretty sure I will be taking alot screenshots from the game. Here is one!


I especially got really inspired by how metal looks in the game. It reflects so beautifully! I want to try recreating that metal shader.

This is me currently! Lvl 22 Thaumaturge!
That is it for my update! I think in the coming month(s), I will be focusing on lighting, shader/textures, and possibly delving into DOTA item creations. Also i will be attending GDC in San Francisco! So I will adding that to my future updates when it comes around.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment