Thursday, May 16, 2013

Graduation! And Post Graduation

All is good. Graduation day came and went. I sat for 3-4 amazing (and yet boring) hours, as I absorbed the ceremonious lectures of honors and encouragement. Got my faux diploma in hand and memories that will last me a lifetime. My parents and grandmother was there to celebrate this occasion with me, which made me the happiest little miss Love in the world. I am blessed to have those that I cared about with me and to see them be just as happy as me.

Graduation may be in the past now, but I got a good future ahead of me. I was one of a good number of students in my department of Game Art from Ringling College to get a job right out of college. I thank all the people who supported and believed in me. And I thank God for giving me this opportunity. I don't take this for granted, and I am still amazed I was chosen as a fresh graduate to be a fulltime employee at Lucid Global, a 3d visualization studio that has worked with alot of medical clients and uses mobile platforms (iPad) to display it's work. Here is a link to a latest article about the studio: link.

My position doesn't start until July 1st, so I am spending some well deserved time with my parents, and some time on personal activities: aka. League of Legends, Learning Python, Modeling something OTHER THAN MY THESIS.

As much as I am happy that I have a job now, I still have alot to learn. I want to get better as a game artist. I want to learn animation and some programing. I've already started learning Python at the internet's very own "Code Academy". A great place to get started learning all kings of languages of coding. I am starting to self teach myself some animation, but I am ultimately still focused on improving my 3d creation skills. I may one day jump from the bleachers and join the people at Animation Mentor, iAnimate, or Anim School, but we will see in time. I don't have the funds at the moment, and I don't want to put myself in financial peril if I can help it.

That is all my update for now.

Job starts July 1st! And I'll be moving into a new apartment. Wish me well! And I look forward to keeping in contact with all my friends that went their separate ways. You guys are great and I know you will all get jobs too. Keep networking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment