Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Successful Workshop Event

The turnout at the Handpainter's Guild for the 1st Guild Workshop went very well! Had a good number of participants, and quite a few who seemed to really improve since they started workshop. I don't dare take any credit for their improvement. I try to constantly remind people that the only way to get better is through practice..And practice they did!



This was my finished product from the workshop.

What I re-learned from doing this workshop is that I often need to do studies first before jumping into texturing. So make studies I did. A great suggestion I got was to start with a value painting since color was only distracting me from what was truly important...understanding the form.


It was great to see all the different version of the same models from the other people! It was also a very refreshing project to work on. We’ve started a new workshop today focusing around Stone Bricks. Looking forward to starting that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment